MMM… These potatoes are really good. Bacon and fresh herbs seem like a match made in heaven for these fluffy yet browned little bites of yum.
HERBED BACON PAN FRIED POTATOES INGREDIENTS
To make these potatoes, you will need the following ingredients.
- Fingerling Potatoes: about 1.5 lbs. Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes will work well also.
- No Sugar Bacon: we will use about 1/3 of a standard package. Check for sugar content to confirm Whole 30 compliance.
- Garlic: 2 cloves, minced. Or more if you really like garlic.
- Spicy Dijon Mustard: about 2 TBLspns. I didn’t fully measure, but it looked like about this much.
- Fresh Thyme: a few sprigs.
- Fresh Dill: as much as you want to garnish.
- Fresh Chives: as much as you want to garnish.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste.
HOW TO MAKE PAN FRIED POTATOES
These potatoes take about half an hour to make and we will be using both a small pot and a frying pan.
Herbed Bacon Pan Fried Potatoes [Whole 30]
- Non-stick pan
- 1.5 lb Fingerling Potatoes (you could also use red potatoes or yukon potatoes)
- 1/3 package No Sugar Bacon (applegate or trader joe's brand is great)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or pressed
- 2 TBLspn Spicy Dijon Mustard
- A Few sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Dill , to garnish
- Fresh Chives , to garnish
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Cut up your potatoes and bring a small pot of water to boil.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Mine took about 5-7 minutes as they were small.
- While the potatoes are boiling, chop the bacon into small pieces and pan fry in a non-stick skillet. Remove from heat and separate bacon onto a separate plate.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain them, rinse with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Reheat the bacon grease in the pan and add the potatoes. Season with minced garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Let the potatoes cook over medium-high heat until they start to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes have a little bit of pretty brown color on them, stir in the dijon mustard (a couple small squeezes works well).
- Continue to cook until the potatoes are nicely browned, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat and garnish with crispy bacon, fresh chives, and fresh dill.