I have a confession to make. I am officially obsessed with Saje Wellness. I had heard about their products after my massage therapist used a blend during one of our sessions, but I had never looked into the brand until stumbling upon their new shop in Bellevue Square. Their prices are a little higher than other essential oil brands, but after getting my first bottle of “After the Rain”… I am hooked.
I already have dozens of other essential oil singles and blends, so I had a hard time justifying purchasing more, but the balance of top/middle/base notes in their blends is just fantastic. My house now smells like a spa on the daily. It took me quite a while to pick out my favorites (Saje has SOOO many!), but here are the essential oil blends I have found that I just can’t live without. FYI I am also very allergic to lavender, so these are lavender-free…
- AFTER THE RAIN — This is the one that got me hooked. It is seriously petrichor (the wonderful earthy scent when rain falls on the soil) on steroids in a bottle. After living in the Pacific Northwest in the US for the past seven years I have come to greatly appreciate the rainfall and the life that it brings to the earth. One of my favorite things about rainfall, though, is the awesome petrichor smell that you breathe in after the rain clears. This awesome blend features bergamot, grapefruit, lemongrass, spearmint, balsam fir, vetiver, and pine needle oils.
- FORTIFIED BREEZE — This is what I would imagine smelling during a calming session of restorative yoga (aka mommy’s nap time). It’s bright and encouraging, but also grounding and restorative. This blend features eucalyptus, myrtle, pine needle, lemon, tea tree, myrrh, and thyme oils.
- GODDESS — This blend is perfectly named. I now understand why they often sell out of these rollers in the store. It’s like putting on your goddess perfume and going out to rule the world. This fresh floral-fruity blend has orange, rose, jasmine, bitter orange flower, and a few other flower oils that I hadn’t heard of before. It is GREAT.
- LIQUID SUNSHINE — Good morning, sunshine! No, really, try not to smile in the morning when you are smelling this one. This blend is super refreshing and has grapefruit, bergamot, orange, lime, and mandarin orange oils.
- RAIN FOREST — A walk in the woods, anyone? This is one of my favorite blends to diffuse while winding down in the evening before bed. It is so relaxing and reminds me of sitting by a waterfall after a long hike. This blend has cedarwood, pine leaf, balsam needle, eucalyptus, and vetiver oils. Mmmm, I love me some vetiver. I feel like it is one of those awesome oils that is often looked over.
- SPA SPIRIT — this one smells just like it sounds. Think white fluffy robes, slate floors, eucalyptus branches, and a steamy room opening up your nasal passages. This blend has Grapefruit, Eucalyptus, and Balsam Peru oils mixed with Styrax Benzoin Resin extract. It is sweet and bright but still grounding.
HOW DO I USE THESE OILS?
How do I NOT use these oils?! Haha. I’m just being dramatic. I sometimes dilute them in rollers with a carrier oil (jojoba, sweet almond, or fractionated coconut oil) and rub them all over myself. Hah! Ooh, especially the Goddess blend. Although I love doing this because I end I smelling oh so good, my favorite way of using these blends is using an ultrasonic essential oil diffuser. It makes my house smell all fancy-schmancy and it helps me feel much calmer when the littles are running around like crazy people. I may have gone a little crazy with the number of diffusers I have purchased over the years… I think I may have a diffuser in every room. But I swear, they all work differently and spread the yummy smells everywhere! Well, at least that’s what I tell my husband. He probably thinks I am nuts.
My favorite diffusers are the AromaOm Deluxe Diffuser from Saje, the Vitruvi Stone Diffuser, and a ceramic GuruNanda diffuser that I picked up from HomeGoods (oh my goodness, I love this store, but I digress).
So hop on over to the Saje Website and get thee some essential oil blends!
PS I bought all of these oils myself with my own moola and Saje probably doesn’t even know I exist. I just love these oils and wanted to share!